Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bacon Wrapped Apricots

These were the hit of my party!!  Everyone loved them and wanted the recipe!!


I decided to throw a Christmas Eve Open House.  I wasn't sure what the turn out would be, as most of our friends have plans on Christmas Eve.  We however, don't usually have anything going on.  It was quite a success!  I think it will now become a tradition.  The challenging part is going to be to figure out how to top this years menu next year.  Every single appetizer was oh so delicious!!  I think the most commented on though, was this one.  The following 8 posts consist of all the appetizers we made.  Yes, I say 'we' because my wonderful husband did as much of the work as I did.  They also include a make-ahead strategy.  So, if you're having your own party, this is a great way to prepare in advance.  Or, maybe you're just bringing a dish to pass and you have a busy schedule.  I think you'll find it helpful.
All these appetizers were found in Real Simple Magazine.

24 small fresh sage leaves
24 large dried apricots
8 slices bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
2 tbs pure maple syrup
toothpicks, for serving

Heat oven to 375.  Place a sage leaf on each apricot, wrap with a pice of bacon, and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.  Bake until the bacon is beginning to crisp, 6-8 minutes per side.  Remove from oven and brush with the maple syrup.  Serve with toothpicks.

Make ahead strategy:  The apricots can be assembled and frozen, unbaked, upt to 1 month in advance.  Freeze them on a parchment lined baking sheet until firm, then transfer them to a resealable plastic bag.  To cook, bake from frozen at 375 for 8-10 minutes per side; keep warm at 250.  Brush with the maple syrup before serving.

1 comment:

  1. absolutely beautiful posts. Great job on all the food. I am so glad the party went well. You were a blessing to many I am sure.
    Call me if you want to do something this week. We are WIDE open!!!

    ReplyDelete