Monday, June 28, 2010

Rice noodles with edamame


After making the pad thai, I had these wonderful noodles left over, since the package I bought contained more than enough.  So, I whipped up a side dish to complement pretty much anything.  If you've never tried edamame (ed-uh-mah-mee) they are wonderful.  I buy them at costco in the frozen section.  you just boil them in their pods, then drain and pinch the beans out.  These soy beans are packed with nutrition and protein.  My kids love them too.  Half the fun for them is getting the beans out.

1 pkg edamame
1 bell pepper (I used red and yellow, so 1/2 each) sliced
1 carrot sliced or julienned
1 small onion, sliced
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tbs sesame oil
2-3 tbs soy sauce

Prepare the edamame according to package instructions.
Saute' the peppers, carrots and onion in olive oil.
Prepare the noodles according to package instructions.
After the noodles are done, drain them and put them in a large bowl.  Add the sesame oil and soy sauce, vegetables and edamame.  Toss gently and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment