This is a total comfort meal. It was inspired by another recipe I saw on a blog called Come have a Peace. Of course, all the tweaking is what makes a recipe your own. I hope you enjoy this one, I think it would be good with wild rice in place of the noodles also.
8 cups chicken stock (I used home-made, but cans will do)
3 cups shredded chicken breast
1 small bag mixed vegetables
12 oz bag of egg noodles
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cups flour
4 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste.
1. cook chicken breasts. You can boil, bake, grill, poach. This time I boiled for about 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and shred with 2 forks
2. Bring your broth to a boil and add noodles
3. Once the noodles are tender, add your chicken.
4. In a seperate pan, melt the butter til bubbly and add flour, stir until thick. Gradually add the
milk and mix well. Stir until thick. You'll need to bring it to a boil to get thickened, but be careful because milk burns easily.
5. Add the milk mixture to your soup
6. Add the vegetables.
Instead of making your own creamy sauce, you could use 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. I just prefer the homemade option. This is wonderful with warm bread and a fresh salad. mmmm.