Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgiving Cake Pops


There's always so many desserts at thanksgiving dinner.  I really only want a bite of each one, rather than a whole piece.  That's one of the reasons I like cake pops.  I know there's super creative people out there that make amazingly decorated cake pops.  And, I'm just not one of them.  But, these are festive and easy to do.


There's 2 ways to make cake pops.  The first way I learned, is here.  The other way is to use the "Babycakes Cake Pop Maker".  I decided to invest.  We've had fun making cake pops and donut holes with this!














So, for these pops I used a pumpkin cake recipe.  Honestly, I have no idea which one.  I found it off the internet, so I'm not listing it because I don't even have it.  Any cake recipe or cake mix will do.  You squirt the batter in the little holes of the pop maker, close the lid, and 3 minutes later, they're done!  And perfectly round.  :-)  
Then I dipped them in chocolate that I melted slowly on my stove top with about a tsp of vegetable oil.  Once dipped I placed them in my handy dandy holder, that my husband made me (there is a holder that comes with the pop maker too), placed a candy corn on top, and put them in the fridge for setting.

Fun and Festive.  Oh, and they taste good too!



1 comment:

  1. I still haven't made these but they are on my to do list soon! I love the holder your husband made for you! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete