This is so easy! I was making a recipe that called for it and I just decided, why not make my own? So, I found a great recipe on pickyourown.org.
This recipe makes 1 16oz jar of sauce. So, if you need more, adjust accordingly.
1 12oz bag cranberries
3/4 cup cranberry juice
1 cup of sugar
1. Wash your cranberries and discard any that are not ripe. Your looking for a deep rich red, that's a ripe berry.
2. Bring the juice to a boil (you can use water, but juice gives more flavor). Add your cranberries and let them cook about 5-10 minutes stirring once or twice. Mine only took 5 over medium heat. You will hear them popping as they cook. Once about half of the cranberries are popped and the sauce feels mushy, it's done.
3. Crush and Strain the berries. You can use a food mill, or simply place in a seive and crush with the bottom of a jar.
4. Return the strained berries to the pan and heat until boiling. Once boiling, add the sugar and let it boil at a full boil for 1 minute.
Now, if you're a canner, at this point you could start that process.
5. Place into a container, or in a mold if you're doing this for the holidays and want it to be decorative, and place in the fridge. It will set up in a couple of hours.