Sunday, November 13, 2011

Slow Cooker Sunday: Cranberry Pork Roast



This is a recipe I got from one of the wonderful ladies that facilitated the "Apples of Gold" bible study at my church.  This is a wonderful study and included time to prepare food and eat together.   It is one of my fondest memories.  I wish I knew which lady it was as I like to give credit, so if you're out there reading this, please let me know!  The women were kind enough to type up all the recipes we had over the course of the 6 week study.

2 1/2-3 lb. Boneless, rolled pork roast
16 oz of jellied cranberry sauce (I made my own, the recipe is here, or you can use canned)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cranberry juice
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 Tbs cornstarch
2 Tbs water
1 tsp salt

Place roast in crock pot.  Combine cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard, and cloves.  Pour over roast.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until meat is tender.

Remove roast and keep warm.  Skim fat from juices.  Measure 2 cups, adding water if necessary.  Pour into saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat.  Combine cornstarch and cold water to make a paste. Stir into gravy.  Cook and stir until thickened.  Season with salt and serve with sliced pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment