Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Winter Pot Roast

This is the first meal we ate from my "once a month cooking" experience.  Actually, I only did a 2 week meal plan.  And I should not say 'only' as it was still almost a day's worth of work.  Definitely worth it. 

1 21/2 lbd beef roast (I used chuck)
2 TBS steak sauce
2 medium onions chopped
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 tsp  salt
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tbs pure horseradish (I left this out)
8 new potatoes

Combine all ingredients except roast and potatoes.  If freezing, pour over roast in a 1 gallon freezer bag.  Seal and freeze. 

Thaw and place the contents into roast pan or dutch oven.  Cover and cook at 250 for 11-12 hours. 

I boiled and mashed the new potatoes and served the roast on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment