Monday, July 16, 2012

Simple Fruit Leather



I have been wanting to make fruit leather for probably at least a year.  I really don't know what has taken me so long.  I know there are lots of great recipes on the web, but I got this one from my friend Torie, and I loved it because it was so simple and easy!

I made strawberry this time, and I'm looking forward to trying some other flavor combinations as well.  I will add to this post as I try new things.

Ingredients:
Strawberries
Honey (or sweetener of your choice)
Parchment paper

Preheat your oven to 170, or lower if it goes lower.
First puree' your fruit in a food processor or blender.  You want it smooth.  Then add your honey.  Torie likes agave nectar because it's super sweet and you hardly need any, plus it's way better for you than a processed sugar.  I didn't have any, so I opted for honey.  Add the sweetener to taste.




Once you've lined your baking pans with the parchment paper, pour your fruit on top.  Get it as evenly distributed as you can.  Then place it in your oven for 5-8 hours.


I did mine overnight.  Once it cools, you can just cut it into strips and roll it up, or store it however you prefer.  I've kept mine in the fridge and it seems to keep well.




Wa-laah!  Fruit leather!


No comments:

Post a Comment