Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Avocado Feta Salsa



Here's a fantastic salsa that's a bit unique.  I just made this for the first time and brought it to a family gathering, and it was a hit!!  Everyone loved it.  Honestly, I wasn't sure it was going to make it to the party after I sampled it, it's that good!  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

My friend KELLY VISSER turned me on to this, she got it from  Your Lighter Side.  

2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
¼ cup finely chopped red onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp snipped, fresh parsley
1 Tbsp snipped fresh oregano
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp white vinegar
4 oz. feta cheese, coarsely crumbled

1. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, oil, and vinegar.
2. Stir gently to mix.
3. Gently stir in feta cheese.
4. Cover and chill for 2 hours or up to 6 hours.

Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or crackers.  As far as I'm concerned, you could just ditch the chips and grab your spoon!!  I also think this would be great on chicken as well.  Top a nice piece of grilled chicken with it...YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment