Wednesday, March 7, 2012

BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad






This Salad was sooo yummy!  I really like quinoa, but I haven't done a ton of things with it, so I'm always looking for ideas.  Plus, I bought a giant bag from Costco.

This recipe comes from What's Gaby cooking.  It calls for bbq sauce, but I have to say, I didn't actually use it because my chicken was plenty bbq.  I hope you enjoy!


1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup shredded BBQ chicken
1 avocado, chopped
2 tbsp White Cheddar cheese, shredded
2-4 tbsp BBQ sauce
2 scallions, chopped
cilantro for garnish

In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, corn, black beans, chicken and avocado. Season with salt and pepper.

Transfer mixture onto a bowl and top with shredded cheese, BBQ sauce, scallions and cilantro.
Serve warm or at room temperature

No comments:

Post a Comment