Sunday, January 15, 2012

No Bake Energy Bites

















I saw these fabulous little things on Pinterest.  It originally comes from Smashed Peas and Carrots.  I altered the recipe a bit because of what I had on hand, but I'll let you know of the changes as I go.  The kids loved these.  I thought they tasted way better than a cliff bar or other energy type bar.  My husband likes them after his run as a recovery snack.

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup Peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flax seed (I used wheat germ because I was all out of flax)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything until well incorporated.  The original recipe says to chill it, then roll it into balls.  I use natural peanut butter, which I keep in the fridge, plus my wheat germ was in the fridge too.  So, I had no trouble rolling it right away.

Enjoy!

  

1 comment: