Thursday, July 8, 2010

Becker's Pasta

I'm doing a bible study with a couple friends this summer.  It's called "No Other Gods" by Kelly Minter.  It is really good!  I'm only 2 weeks in and loving it.  My good friend Cindy over at She Sparkles recommended it a long time ago, and I'm finally doing it.  Upon receiving her book, my friend Kelli said to me "Now I know why you picked this study... because of the recipes".  To which I replied,"there's recipes??"  Of course I was pleasantly surprised because I love new recipes and it gives me inspiration.  So, that is not why I chose the book, but it was pure bonus.  The next couple posts were adapted by my bible study book.  I don't know why this is called Beckers Pasta, but I didn't feel like re-naming it.  Of course I don't want to take credit for something I didn't create, and I did change things up a bit. 



1/2 of rotissere chicken (breast, leg and thigh)
1 box of bowtie pasta (for color you can go for the tri-color pasta)
10-15 chopped sundried tomatoes.  I prefer the ones packed in oil.  They'll come whole
3 garlic cloves, crushed or minced finely
1 package of feta cheese (6 oz)
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
1 can pitted black olives (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.  Spread pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast 3-4 minutes.  They will continue to brown after being out of the oven.  Set aside to cool.

Boil water and add Pasta, cook according to instructions.

Meanwhile, slice chicken into bite size pieces.  Saute' the chicken with the sundried tomatoes and garlic until warmed through.

In a seperate bowl combine feta cheese, pine nuts and olives if using.  Add chicken mixture.  Drain pasta and add to the bowl. Toss to mix well. 

This dish goes FABULOUSwith Caprese Salad and Bread and dipping oil

This was a phenominal dish!  If you want to impress someone, serve this!  So many flavors.  It is meant to feed 4, but we could have easily fed 6.  It makes alot. You can use all chicken breasts that you cook yourself if you want to make it a bit more healthy.  If so, just saute' the chicken to cook it, then add your tomatoes and garlic.  I really like both dark and light meat in a dish like this, it just adds more flavor and the meat is very tender. 

No comments:

Post a Comment