Saturday, January 16, 2010

Roasted Vegetables (turkish style)

Part 3 of my turkish meal.  I was so excited to be eating authentic turkish food, made by a turkish woman.  It was so simple, yet so flavorful and healthy!  loved it!!  It was so beautiful too, I wish I would have taken my camera. 

Roasted Vegetables  (from Zeycan)


2 eggplant ( cut in rings)
3 zucchini (cut in rings)
3 potatoes (cut rings)
3 tomatoes chopped
4 onions (cut in rings)
7-8 garlic cloves (chopped)
1/3 cup olive oil
salt, pepper, oregano to taste
1/4 cup water


Method:
Preheat oven to 300 F
You put eggplant, potatoes, zucchini and onion in large bowl. Add olive oil and spices and mix well.  Spread onto baking sheet or 9 x 13 inch pan.   Spread tomatoes and garlic on the mixture, add water. Finally cover with aluminum foil.  Cook for about an hour.
This photo was added 1/31/10.  I substituted sweet potatoes for the potatoes...so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment