Wednesday, June 27, 2012

No Bake Cookies



This Summer, every Wednesday is "What's Cooking Wednesday".  It's part of our Summer Schedule and my attempt to keep some structure around here.  :-)  The kids love being in the kitchen with me, we've had alot of fun so far.  This recipe is from foodnetwork.  It's very good, and it's your basic no bake cookie recipe.  I know there are some variations out there, but they are mostly the same.  Besides, we were going for fun, not creativity this time.  :-)  No bakes are always a fun summer treat and they don't heat up the kitchen too much.  Enjoy!!


2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats

In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by spoonfuls. Let them cool until hardened.




Don't forget to lick the spoon!





2 comments:

  1. Look pretty yummy thanks for the recipe. I hope you mean oats instead of oatmeal I think that would be right. I'm going to try to swap out some of the butter & sugars & use coconut oil and coconut flakes & of course kroger's splenda instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, old fashioned rolled oats! I guess I'm so used to calling it oatmeal, because we eat it all the time, it didn't even phase me. I'll make that correction. I just got some coconut oil, I'm looking forward to experimenting with it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. :-)

      Delete