Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentines day



Happy Valentines Day!!
It is Saturday already, and most ppl are celebrating tonight, or have already celebrated.  Maybe some of us will celebrate on the actual day.  I'm not sure how many ppl are checking in often, so I hope I didn't disappoint with not having something up sooner.  I do love to celebrate Valentines Day, actually, just love to celebrate period, but this year I did not plan a special meal for Valentines.  However, I would recommend eggplant parmesean and Mocha Molten Cakes



Instead of planning and prepping all day, I had a very special date with my little boy.  I am so in love with him I can't hardly stand it!  He is so precious.  We went to Artisan Cooking School for a kid's cooking class.  This is the first one we've been to and I can't wait to go back!  Today the theme was of course Valentine's day.  So, we baked and decorated lots of treats.  They do kids classes once a month and lots more for adults.  I'm hooked and looking forward to doing something there with my husband, and it would make a super fun girls night out.  I'll be suggesting that to my cooking club. 

We made hershey kiss cookies...



Whoopie Pies...



Parfaits...

Stained glass cookies, sugar cookies, chocolate covered cookies and chocolate covered strawberries.  YUM!
Not only did we decorate lots, we sampled everything!  Can you say sugarbuzz!  Joshua thought the best part (besides eating) was the rules:  Have fun and make a mess!  And we followed the rules.


This is one of 3 boxes that we took home, plus a parfait and extra frosting.

Thanks Artisan!!!

3 comments:

  1. Too cute!! He is sure growing up fast!! Looks like you had a FANTASTIC time! What a special memory for you both!
    Have a super Valentine's Day!!
    Much love~
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome....I think Josh looks like a serious baker!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea!! I WILL be checking this out for my girls and myself!!

    ReplyDelete