Sunday, November 20, 2011

Slow Cooker Sunday: BBQ Pork Burritos with chopped salad





This recipe was inspired and adapted from one of Food and wine Magazine's cookbooks.


I found 3 of these cookbooks at a garage sale!  what a great find!  I changed this 'quick' from scratch meal to a slow cooker one.  It turned out GREAT!








2 lbs pork roast
1 bottle of bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp cumin
Tortillas (I used whole wheat)
Cheese for topping

Put roast in the crock pot.  My meat was actually left over from another pork roast that I had split.  I intended to do pork steaks with it, but changed my mind.  So, my meat was sliced.  It really doesn't matter, but I think it cooked quicker being sliced.

Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.

Pour the bottle of bbq sauce on top so the meat is covered. Sprinkle the thyme and cumin on top.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Mine was finished in about 6 hours, but it won't hurt it to go longer.

Once the meat is cooked, grab a couple forks and shred it, or cut it into small pieces.  Roll it up in a tortilla and sprinkle some cheese on top.  Place under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese.

I served this atop a chopped salad.  Make your salad with whatever you like.  I cut my Romaine lettuce into small strips.  I added diced tomato, green pepper, and avocado along with a couple of lime wedges.

Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment